Based on the diagram above and moving from left to right:
- Time of Day: The Time of Day node allows branching based on the time of day that the call is placed.
- Day of Week: The Day of Week Feature Node allows branching based on the day of the week on which the call is placed.
- Day of Year: This node allows Call Plan branches to be taken based on the current
Dates may be specified as individual days or as named holidays, as set in the Holiday tab on the ACS Configuration screen. Multiple dates and ranges of dates can be specified for each branch from the node.
To configure this node, the user adds a day of year range and maps that range to a specified exit. Calls made on any day of the year within the range are routed down that exit, to be processed according to the nodes that follow.
The Day of Year node has one entry point and between 2 and 20 exit points.Although this node accepts up to 20 exits, it is recommended that this number is restricted to a maximum of 10, due to the width restraints of the node. The default number of exits is 2.
Time of Day Setting
The following looks at making changes to data in order to route calls based on ‘Time of Day’ routing.
Example: ‘Time of Day’ Node
Position the cursor over the Feature Node and select it by right-clicking the mouse the data associated with that Feature Node will be displayed in a new window.
In this example we are extending time, calls will be routed to branch two from 6 pm to 7 pm
- Highlight the period
- Edit the time
- Select ‘Change’
- Select ‘Save.'
Day of the Week Settings
The following looks at making changes to data in order to route calls based on ‘Day of the Week’ routing.
Example: ‘Day of Week’ Node
Position the cursor over the Feature Node and select it by right clicking the mouse – the data associated with that Feature Node will be displayed in a new window.
Notes: Only uses ‘Explicit Unix TZ’ – don’t change this value.
- You can select different time zones by state
- This example has only 2 exits but you could have one per day of the week e.g. Mon-Sun
- Highlight the days you wish to amend
- Use the drop down box to select the new day Same day cannot be linked to 2 branches – this will result in a compile error
- Any day not specified will use default branch
- Select ‘Change’ and then ‘Save’